Nikon announced the development of the Nikon D6 & AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens on September 24, 2019. The new Nikon D6 & AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens are now already listed at B&H.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens:
- Designed for use with FX image sensors, this 120-300mm lens is also compatible with DX sensors where it will provide a 180-450mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and benefits working in available lighting conditions as well as offers improved control over depth o
- Fluorite and extra-low dispersion glass elements are incorporated into the optical design to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve notable clarity and color accuracy.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake, benefiting this lens’ use in low-light conditions.
- Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Focus range limiter allows you to constrict the focus system to a 19.7′ to infinity range for faster-focusing performance.
- Assignable Function buttons can be used for lens-based activation of AF/AE Lock modes or for switching between different AF Area Modes.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.
- Tripod collar offers well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod. The collar ring also incorporates ball bearings for smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.