Nikon Plans to Have 50+ Z-mount Lenses by 2025
On April 7, Nikon held a mid-term management planning meeting for the 2022-2025 fiscal year. In the field of imaging, Nikon hopes to expand the possibilities of visual expression and gain the full support of fans of all ages around the world.
Specifically, Nikon will focus on building high-value products and mirrorless cameras, with more than 50 Z-mount lenses by the end of 2025. In addition, Nikon will enhance video capabilities to meet the needs of video creators, and enhance remote control and automatic image capture to meet the needs of professionals.
The current Nikkor Z lens roadmap has 34 lenses – that means another 19 Nikon Z-mount lenses will be announced by the end of 2025.
Direction for Imaging Products Business:
- For pros/hobbyists: deploy advanced features from the Z9 across the lineup
- Deploy advanced features from the Z9 across the lineup
- Bolster engagement before and after purchase
- Focus on apps and the cloud
Vision: Expand the possibilities for visual expression and acquire overwhelming support from all generations of fans around the world
Main points for the digital camera segment:
- Concentrate management resources in high value-added products and mirrorless cameras (meet expectations of professionals and hobbyists and raise ASP 20%)
- Bolster the Z mount system by expanding lens lineup (50+ lenses and a 2+ lens attach rate)
- Appeal to video creators by strengthening video functions
- Strengthen remote operation and automatic image capture features to meet professional needs
- Focus on licensing business
Earnings plan: achieve revenue of ¥200.0B and Operating profit margin of 10% on a stable basis.
Stay tuned with us for more Nikon Rumors.
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z9
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z9
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z6 II