Nikon Z 20mm f/1.8 S & Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lenses Announced
In addition Nikon D6 camera ($6,496.95 at B&H & Adorama), Nikon also announced the Nikon NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S & Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lenses. The US price of Nikon NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S Lens is $1,046.95, the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lens is priced at $896.95 and it will be released on April 16, 2020. Now the Nikon NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S & Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lenses are available for pre-order at B&H and Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
Nikon releases the fast, ultra-wide-angle prime NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S, and the high-power zoom NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR
Nikon expands its diverse line of high-performance NIKKOR Z lenses that stimulate photographers’ creative intent.
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation (Nikon) announces the release of the NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S, a fast, ultra-wide-angle prime lens, and the NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR, a high-power zoom lens, both for the Nikon Z mount system’s full-frame (Nikon FX format) mirrorless cameras.
The NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S is part of the S-Line, a newly designated grade of NIKKOR Z lenses that adhere to a new benchmark in optical performance, creating new definitions of design principles and quality control. Images captured with this lens exhibit superior resolution and rendering performance at any distance, from close-up to infinity. Despite being an ultra-wide-angle lens, it exhibits smooth blur characteristics (bokeh) that make it an excellent choice for photographs in which the primary subject stands out from the background. It also achieves superior point-image reproduction performance that is best represented with starscapes and other night landscapes. Sagittal coma flare* is effectively controlled for faithful reproduction of point light sources. Users of the NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S can enjoy dynamic expression with the powerful sense of space only an ultra-wide-angle lens realizes with a wide variety of photographic scenes, from close-ups to starscapes.
The release of the NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S brings the number of fast f/1.8 NIKKOR Z lenses to five, achieving coverage of the ultra-wide-angle 20 mm to medium telephoto 85 mm range of focal lengths.
The NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR is an 8.3x high-power telephoto zoom lens that covers the wide-angle 24 mm to telephoto 200 mm range of focal lengths, and packs outstanding resolution into a compact and lightweight package weighing approximately 570 g. Its superior agility makes it the perfect, all-in-one lens for taking on walks or even on vacation to capture a wide variety of subjects and scenes, from portraits to landscapes. Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) and control ring ensures quiet operation that makes it an excellent choice for video recording. Nikon’s exclusive anti-reflection coating, ARNEO Coat, has also been adopted to effectively reduce ghost and flare effects. Adoption of an aspherical ED glass element ensures the sharp and clear images.
The addition of these two new lenses that make the most of the strengths of the Z mount system effectively expands the NIKKOR Z lens lineup. Nikon will continue to pursue the possibilities opened up by the Z mount system as it actively works to enrich the NIKKOR Z lens lineup with a variety of high-performance lenses that stimulate photographers’ creative intent.
NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S primary features
- A focal length of 20 mm that enables dynamic imaging.
- Adoption of three aspherical lens elements and three ED glass elements ensures images that are incredibly sharp and clear all the way to the extreme edges of the frame, even at maximum aperture, regardless of shooting distance.
- Excellent point-image reproduction capability that ensures the rendering of point light sources as point images.
- An ultra-wide-angle lens that manages to achieve beautifully smooth bokeh that dramatically emphasizes the primary subject.
- Adoption of a multi-focusing system* realizes sharp and clear images, even with shooting at close distances.
- Adoption of Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces the ghost and flare that landscape shots including the sun can cause.
- Incredible control over the distortion normally so common with ultra-wide-angle lenses, even at the extreme edges of the frame.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) and control ring realizes quiet operation and a smooth operational feel with video recording.
- Designed with consideration given to dust- and drip-resistant performance, and equipped with an electromagnetic aperture diaphragm mechanism for accurate aperture control.
- Operation consistent with other NIKKOR Z lenses in the f/1.8 maximum aperture series, enabling smooth transition when switching lenses.
NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR primary features
- 8.3x zoom that covers a broad range of focal lengths, from 24 mm to 200 mm.
- Adoption of one aspherical ED glass element, two ED glass elements, and two aspherical lens elements achieves both superior optical performance and a compact and lightweight design.
- Zooming operation designed with equilibrium in mind, the center of gravity remains basically the same when the lens is zoomed out all the way for ideal balance.
- Extremely sharp and clear images all the way to the edges of the frame, beginning at maximum aperture.
- Adoption of ARNEO Coat realizes clear images in which ghost and flare effects are minimized.
- Despite being a telephoto zoom lens, a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.28x allow users to capture subjects for bold and magnificent expression of the intended subject.
- A minimum focus distance of 0.5 m (1.64 ft) at 24 mm and 0.7 m (2.30 ft) at 200 mm allows users to capture subjects from very short distances
- Designed with consideration for video recording with smooth tracking and the ability to respond to focus breathing.
- Adoption of a zoom ring and control ring realizes a smooth operational feel during video recording.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) realizes fast, quiet, and accurate AF drive for both still-image and movie recording
- An optical vibration reduction (VR) mechanism that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 5.0-stop* increase in shutter speed.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance, and fluorine coat adopted for superior protection against dust, water, grease, and dirt.