Nikon released the new firmware update version 1.40 for Nikon Z5 mirrorless camera. You can follow the links below to download the firmware update.
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.21 to 1.40
- Added support for the iOS version of NX MobileAir. Use NX MobileAir version 1.0.4 or later.
- Added support for MC-N10 remote grips.
- Added support for ML-L7 remote controls.
- Eye-detection AF is now available during video recording.
- [Save focus position] and [Recall focus position] have been added to the roles that can be assigned using Custom Setting f2 [Custom controls] in the [CUSTOM SETTING MENU]. As of February 14, 2023, these options were supported with the following lenses:
- NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S
- NIKKOR Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR S
- NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- Improved eye-detection performance for [Auto-area AF].
- Improved the refresh rate for the focus points displayed in live view during subject-tracking and face/eye-detection AF.
- The behavior of autofocus during memory recall has been improved to ensure that the focus position will not change in any focus mode even if the shutter-release button is pressed halfway while focus recall is in progress.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the camera to stop responding when [Auto] was selected for [Set Picture Control] in the [PHOTO SHOOTING MENU].