Nikon Z7 II & Z6 II Firmware Update Version 1.40 Released
In addition to the Nikon Z9 firmware version 2.00, Nikon today also released the new firmware version 1.40 for Nikon Z7 II and Nikon Z6 II full frame mirrorless cameras.
Nikon Z7 II Firmware Version 1.40
Nikon Z6 II Firmware Version 1.40
Firmware update details:
- • Added:
- – support for NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S lenses,
- – support for ML-L7 remote controls,
- – Save focus position and Recall focus position * to the roles that can be assigned using Custom Setting f2 in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU,
- – Focus ring rotation range * to the CUSTOM SETTING MENU in position f9, and
- – Switch focus/control ring roles * to the CUSTOM SETTING MENU in position f10.
- • Made the following improvements:
- – The camera focuses more readily on the subject in the center of the frame if it fails to detect the face or eyes of a portrait subject when Auto-area AF is selected for AF-area mode.
- – Memory recall has been altered so that regardless of the focus mode selected, the focus position chosen via autofocus does not change if the shutter-release button is pressed halfway while memory recall is in effect.
- • Fixed the following issues:
- – The camera would sometimes fail to focus on the subject in the focus area in pictures taken immediately after the battery was inserted.
- – Reactivating the standby timer in User Settings mode U1, U2, or U3 would cause the shutter speed to change if the stored value was slower than 30 s.
- – Pictures viewed by rotating the main command dial after zooming in on an image in “tall” (portrait) orientation in the viewfinder would not display correctly.
- – Jitter would occur in movies recorded while footage was being output to an HDMI device with 3840×2160; 60p or 3840×2160; 50p selected for Frame size/frame rate in the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU.
- – The movie-record button would not function with certain gimbals while video was being recorded to an external device via HDMI with 3840×2160; 30p, 3840×2160; 25p, or 3840×2160; 24p selected for Frame size/frame rate in the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU and 10 bit selected for Advanced > Output data depth in the SETUP MENU.
Nikon Z6 II body: $1,996.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Nikon Z7 II body: $2,996.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Stay tuned for more details and more Nikon Rumors.
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z7 II