Stock Notice: Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 Lens now in Stock
The new Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 wide-angle prime lens is now in stock at B&H, Adorama for $296.95. This fast aperture, wide-angle lens is small enough to carry anywhere, and is ideal for capturing everyday snapshots, group portraits, landscapes, cityscapes and more.
With a total length of approximately 1.7-inches (43mm) and a weight of about 5.46 oz (155g), this Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 lens is the smallest and lightest among NIKKOR Z prime lenses. The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 is also a great lens for close-up photography, with a minimum focus distance of just 0.63 ft (0.19m), making it simple to capture detailed photos and videos of food, DIY crafts, fashion and more. Because it is also extremely compact, affordable and versatile, this new lens will appeal to both full-frame and DX-format Nikon Z series mirrorless users.
Primary features of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8:
- The smallest and lightest NIKKOR Z prime lens to date, with a length of approx. 1.7 inches (43mm) and weight of approx. 5.46 oz (155g).
- The fast f/2.8 maximum aperture allows for a shallow depth of field with pleasing bokeh as well as exceptional low-light capability, even during hand-held shooting.
- When mounted on a DX-format camera, such as the Nikon Z fc or Z 50, the focal length becomes a natural 42mm (equivalent to 35mm  format).
- A minimum focus distance of approximately 0.63 ft (0.19m) allows users to get close to their subjects for dynamic photography.
- Adoption of a multi-focusing system realizes natural rendering across the entire shooting range, as well as fast and accurate AF control, while maintaining a smaller body size.
- Designed with consideration of dust and drip-resistant performance2 so that it can be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Developed with consideration for video recording with extremely quiet operation, effective focus-breathing compensation, and stable exposure.
- The lens differs cosmetically from the previously announced NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 SE lens by featuring a modern black finish.