Nikon Z6 II Review (By Ephotozine)
ePhotozine published the Nikon Z6 II mirrorless camera (Amazon, B&H, Adorama) review saying that “Like the Nikon Z6, the Z6 II, offers great image quality, and great handling, but with added “oomph” as well as the convenience of an SD card slot”.
Nikon Z6 II Key Features
- 24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- Dual EXPEED 6 Image Processors
- UHD 4K30 Video; N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
- 14 fps Cont. Shooting, ISO 60-51200
- 273-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- 3.6m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.2″ 2.1m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis In-Body Vibration Reduction
- Dual Memory Card Slots
Nikon Z6 II Pros:
- Excellent image quality
- Extremely high-quality lenses available
- High-speed shooting possible – 14fps
- 5-axis image stabilisation
- SD card slot a welcome addition
- Excellent handling
Nikon Z6 II Cons:
- 4K 60fps not available till firmware update due Feb 2021
- Some will wish the screen could face forwards
- Battery life is still quite short
From the conclusion:
Like the Nikon Z6, the Z6 II, offers great image quality, and great handling, but with added “oomph” as well as the convenience of an SD card slot. The Nikon Z6 II and the other camera’s in the Z series offer great handling, and the Z6 II offers a full-frame 24mp BSI CMOS sensor that is able to offer great noise performance. When combined with the extremely high-quality Z series lenses, you’ll find your self extremely impressed by the image quality on offer from the camera. The images produced offer a level of sharpness and detail that is not always seen.
One area where the Nikon Z6 II may disappoint is for video use, specifically vlogging, as the lack of a screen that can tilt to face forwards could be a deal-breaker for the vlogging obsessed. It’s also worth noting that the battery life could also be a little short for some, so a spare battery is definitely recommended.
Low-light performance is good, with the camera able to focus in low-light conditions, and with Nikon’s respected colour reproduction and face/eye detection focus, the camera would be well suited to wedding and portrait photography. With high-speed shooting on offer, this camera could also be used for a range of sports and wildlife photography. There’s also the added bonus of the Nikon Z/S series lenses offering excellent quality, so that you know you’re going to get good results.
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z6 II
- Nikon Black Friday Deals 2020
- Nikon Cyber Monday Deals 2020