Nikon Z9 Firmware Update Version 2.10 Released
Nikon released new firmware updates version 2.10 for Nikon Z9 cameras. You can follow the link below to download the firmware update.
Nikon Z9 body: $5,496.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Nikon Z9 Firmware Update Version 2.10
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 2.00 to 2.10
- • [High-frequency flicker reduction] has been added to the roles that can be assigned to camera controls using Custom Setting f2 [Custom controls (shooting)]. For more information, see the Supplementary Firmware Update Manual.
- • Autofocus is now better at tracking small subjects.
- • Autofocus now produces more accurate results with human portrait subjects detected via eye/face-detection AF with [Continuous AF] selected for [Focus mode].
- • Fixed an issue that resulted in the camera focusing on the background when [Single-point AF], [Dynamic-area AF (S)], or [Dynamic-area AF (M)] was selected for [AF-area mode], or when [Wide-area AF (C1)] or [Wide-area AF (C2)] was selected with a custom focus-area size of [1×1].
- • You can now expect better results from vibration reduction during panning shots taken with the camera pointing up or down and an option other than [Off] selected for [Vibration reduction].
- • Fixed the following issues:
- – With certain Z mount lenses, choosing [Focus] for Custom Setting a1 [AF-C priority selection] with [Continuous AF] selected for [Focus mode] would sometimes disable the shutter release even when the subject was in focus.
- – [Aperture lock] could not be selected for Custom Setting f4 [Control lock] in modes M and A when an F mount lens was attached.
- – Assigning [Recall shooting functions] to a control using Custom Setting f2 [Custom controls (shooting)] would render [Save current settings] unavailable when an F mount lens equipped with an aperture ring and power contacts was attached.
- – Auto distortion control would sometimes not be applied to pictures taken with [ON] selected for [Auto distortion control] in the [PHOTO SHOOTING MENU].
- – The camera would not recognize custom Picture Controls saved to a memory card using the Mac edition of Picture Control Utility 2.
- – Recalling shooting functions would sometimes result in unexpected changes to exposure if:
- ▸ ISO sensitivity was set to a fixed value in mode M,
- ▸ an option other than [Exposure maintenance off] was selected for Custom Setting b7 [Keep exp. when f/ changes], and
- ▸ [Recall shooting functions] or [Recall shooting functions (hold)] was assigned to a control using Custom Setting f2 [Custom controls (shooting)] both with no option (or mode M only) selected for [Shooting mode] and with no check next to any of [Shutter speed], [Aperture], and [ISO sensitivity settings].
- – When [Recall shooting functions] or [Recall shooting functions (hold)] was assigned to a control using Custom Setting f2 [Custom controls (shooting)], subject detection would not function as expected if the setting for [AF subject detection options] recalled by pressing the control differed from the option currently selected for [AF subject detection options] in the [PHOTO SHOOTING MENU].
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z9
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z9
- Amazon Prime Day Deals 2022
- Nikon Z9 in Stock Tracker